FHA loan programs are particularly beneficial to those buyers with less available cash. The rates on FHA loans are generally market rates, while down payment requirements are lower than for conventional loans.
Some of the other benefits of FHA financing:
- Only a 3.5% down payment is required.
- Closing costs can be financed.(Utah Housing)
- More flexible credit and income qualifying guidelines than conventional loans.
- Loans are assumable to qualified buyers which can make selling easier.
- 203K Program for fixer-uppers/Remodeling.
- FHA Reverse Mortgage
- Good Neighbor Next Door Program for Teachers/Police Officers/Fire Fighters
- Loan can be used for purchasing a home or refinancing your existing mortgage.
- FHA and VA Streamlines
- High Balance Limit / Jumbo FHA Loan
FHA Home Loan Streamline Refinance
Lenders may offer streamline refinances and include the closing costs into the new mortgage amount. This can only be done if there is sufficient equity in the property, as determined by an appraisal. Streamline refinances can also be done without appraisals, but the new loan amount cannot exceed the original loan amount. Investment properties (properties in which the borrower does not reside in as his or her principal residence) may only be refinanced without an appraisal. The basic requirements of a streamline refinance are:
- The mortgage to be refinanced must already be FHA insured.
- The mortgage to be refinanced should be current (not delinquent).
- The refinance is to result in a lowering of the borrower’s monthly principal and interest payments.
- No cash may be taken out on mortgages refinanced using the streamline refinance process.
Obtain home loan financing and the funds for renovation in one loan. Have you found a home that would be perfect with a few renovations? Or perhaps you are considering expanding your current home, or renovating your bathroom or kitchen. If any of these possibilities are in your future, an FHA 203(k) loan may be a good option for your renovation needs.
The FHA 203(k) loan provides financing and funds for the cost of renovation in one easy loan closing process to qualified borrowers. If you qualify, you will receive a cost-effective, single-close loan option that enables you to remodel a kitchen or bath, repair a roof or make other important improvements to an existing or newly purchased home that needs renovation.1
- One loan and one set of closing costs
- Financing based on the as-completed value of the home
- Buy or refinance a home with up to four units
- Monetary gifts from family toward down payment allowed
Call to get more details about Government Loans. If you are looking to purchase a home, there may be available grants in your area. Grants in your area may vary but some do not require repayment. Get approved for your home financing now call (801) 403-8887.